Home » Other » Community Hangout » 26th March moral (fun)
26th March moral [message #309137] Wed, 26 March 2008 09:37 Go to next message
dr.s.raghunathan

God Said No

I hope that you can get the effects on your computers! The words are great, but the movements of the faces add a lot....

I asked God to take away my habit.

God said, No.
It is not for me to take away, but for you to give it up.

I asked God to make my handicapped child whole.
God said, No.
His spirit is whole, his body is only temporary.

I asked God to grant me patience.
God said, No.Patience is a byproduct of tribulations;
it isn't granted, it is learned.

I asked God to give me happiness.
God said, No.I give you blessings; Happiness is up to you.

I asked God to spare me pain.
God said, No.Suffering draws you apart from worldly cares
and brings you closer to me.

I asked God to make my spirit grow.
God said, No.You must grow on your own,
but I will prune you to make you fruitful.

I asked God for all things that I might enjoy life.
God said, No.
I will give you life, so that you may enjoy all things.

I asked God to help me LOVE others, as much as He loves me.
God said...Ahhhh, finally you have the idea.

THIS DAY IS YOURS DON'T THROW IT AWAY

Re: 26th March moral [message #309187 is a reply to message #309137] Wed, 26 March 2008 14:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pablolee
I don't know about anyone else but I'd prefer that religion was avoided in these forums. I have just spent a few minutes composing a not very pleasant reply to this post, thought better of it and thought I'd stick with this post instead. Now where was that vomit smiley...?
Re: 26th March moral [message #309245 is a reply to message #309137] Wed, 26 March 2008 20:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dr.s.raghunathan
hi

I am not here to preech religion. Being a professor on teaching and educating many aspects, whether i like it or not, i convey the messages and it has fetched many good results though not for me. You shall express your true feelings and i am here to correct myself and stop unwanted elements. I am not the owner of many things conveyed through this forum. I just pass ... the hearings... which i feel there is some message...

here is another one....

The story about the tiny frogs….

Life’s lesson
No. 1

There once was a bunch of tiny frogs,...

… who arranged a running competition.
The goal was to reach the top of a very high tower.

A big crowd had gathered around the tower to see the race and cheer on the contestants...

The race began...

Honestly:
No one in crowd really believed that the tiny frogs would reach the top of the tower.
You heard statements such as:
"Oh, WAY too difficult!!
They will NEVER make it to the top."
or:
"Not a chance that they will succeed. The tower is too high!"

The tiny frogs began collapsing. One by one...
... Except for those who in a fresh tempo were climbing higher and higher...

The crowd continued to yell
"It is too difficult!!! No one will make it!"

More tiny frogs got tired and gave up...
...But ONE continued higher and higher and higher...
This one wouldn’t give up!

At the end everyone else had given up climbing the tower. Except for the one tiny frog who after a big effort was the only one who reached the top!
THEN all of the other tiny frogs naturally wanted to know how this one frog managed to do it?

A contestant asked the tiny frog how the one who succeeded had found the strength to reach the goal?

It turned out...
That the winner was DEAF!!!!

The wisdom of this story is:

Never listen to other people’s tendencies to be
negative or pessimistic...
…cause they take your most wonderful dreams and wishes away from you. The ones you have in your heart!

Always think of the power words have.
Because everything you hear and read will affect your actions!

Therefore:

ALWAYS be…

POSITIVE!
And above all:

Be DEAF when people tell YOU that YOU can not fulfil YOUR dreams!
Always think:
I can do this!

dear firend... I am not deaf... i will listen

yours
dr.s.raghunathan
Re: 26th March moral [message #309252 is a reply to message #309137] Wed, 26 March 2008 22:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSwan
dr.s.raghunathan

>i will listen
Then listen to this.
Please keep your postings ON TOPIC!

You are free to post on your OWN BLOG & those who care to read your drivel can see what you have to say THERE.

I hope you understand.

Have A Nice Day!
Re: 26th March moral [message #309273 is a reply to message #309252] Wed, 26 March 2008 23:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
dr.s.raghunathan

Your posts are not 'drivel' and are perhaps not ever 'off topic'. However posting other people's material is considered a violation of copyright.

If you would care to share YOUR thoughts, fine, but please, only post links to this sort of material. If we do not know who has copyright on this material we will have to remove it. This is the same behaviour that we apply to material copied from metalink or other sites.

David
Re: 26th March moral [message #309280 is a reply to message #309137] Thu, 27 March 2008 00:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dr.s.raghunathan
hi,

agreed and will stop posting this type of behavioural posts.

sorry for the inconvenience caused to forum members.

yours
dr.s.raghunathan
Re: 26th March moral [message #309291 is a reply to message #309187] Thu, 27 March 2008 01:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
pablolee
Now where was that vomit smiley...?

You are wish is muy comand. Cheeck the smayley tophic.
Re: 26th March moral [message #309302 is a reply to message #309291] Thu, 27 March 2008 01:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pablolee
LOL, nice one Littlefoot. Did you watch the game last night?
Re: 26th March moral [message #309339 is a reply to message #309302] Thu, 27 March 2008 02:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
No, not really; I overslept it. There was a talk-show prior the game which was SO boring that I fell asleep. Although, I have heard "Goooooool! 1:0", while "1:1" was probably much less intense so I didn't hear it at all Smile
Re: 26th March moral [message #309340 is a reply to message #309339] Thu, 27 March 2008 02:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pablolee
It was a good game. You have some really talented players, their passing skills are phenomenal. Matched up well physically too, they weren't scared of a hard challenge Smile Just the kind of games I like.
Re: 26th March moral [message #309350 is a reply to message #309340] Thu, 27 March 2008 03:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Most of our players work abroad, mostly in Germany, some of them in UK (we are missing Eduardo da Silva; Taylor broke his leg a month or so ago (Arsenal vs. Birmingham City)).

Although our team mastered EURO qualifications (remember Wembley, England vs. Croatia (2:3) last November?), a cold shower came first in Split when we lost from Holland (0:3), so I guess that yesterday's draw was a kind of success.
Re: 26th March moral [message #309354 is a reply to message #309350] Thu, 27 March 2008 03:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Frank
Littlefoot wrote on Thu, 27 March 2008 09:16
cold shower [...] when we lost from Holland (0:3)

*big grin*
Re: 26th March moral [message #309359 is a reply to message #309354] Thu, 27 March 2008 03:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Well, it was just a friendly game. Perhaps you'll shrink that grin after remembering Worldcup 1998, Parc des Princes, 11th of July where YOU lost and WE won (bronze medal, that is): Holland vs. Croatia 1:2 Very Happy
Re: 26th March moral [message #309362 is a reply to message #309359] Thu, 27 March 2008 03:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Frank
Hm, don't remember that.
Must have been before I was born.
Re: 26th March moral [message #309373 is a reply to message #309362] Thu, 27 March 2008 04:34 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
I wouldn't say so. It must be the fact that YOUR team won many, many medals during the past (so you don't even remember loss of that one), while OURS won that one, single medal and we'll remember it for centuries (as we won't win another one that soon).

But true, that was long ago. Back then, I was young and handsome. Now I'm just handsome /forum/fa/1637/0/
Previous Topic: grass cutting and beverages
Next Topic: done
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 05:37:06 CDT 2024