Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » New databsae in exsisting db server
New databsae in exsisting db server [message #306359] Thu, 13 March 2008 20:34 Go to next message
caprikar

Hi,
I have a database PRODCIM in a server(Sun Solaris 5.Cool with characterset WE8ISO8859P1, I want to create another database TEMP with characterset UTF8 and export all schemas except default users created during database creation and import it into TEMP databse and then shutdown PRODCIM and rename TEMP database into PRODCIM by creating a control file using alter databse backup control file to trace and edit the file with new path.

My question is:

In PRODCIM the path of the data files are:
/u01/app/oracle/prodcim
/u02/app/oracle/prodcim

When I create TEMP database, can I create another directory /u01/app/oracle/PRODCIM and /u01/app/oracle/PRODCIM and keep all the TEMP database related files under that directory? I just want to make sure this will not cause any problem to the oraiginal database PRODCIM.

Also I have the following users:

ANONYMOUS,CTXSYS,DBSNMP,DIP,DMSYS,EXFSYS,MDSYS,OLAPSYS,ORDSYS,SYS,SYSMAN,SYSTEM,TEMP,WKSYS,WMSYS,XDB

Are all these users are created during database creation? or any of them are user created schema?

Thanks.
Re: New databsae in exsisting db server [message #306361 is a reply to message #306359] Thu, 13 March 2008 21:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
http://www.orafaq.com/forum/m/55276/42800/?srch=CTXSYS#msg_55276
Re: New databsae in exsisting db server [message #306381 is a reply to message #306359] Fri, 14 March 2008 00:08 Go to previous message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
All of them are Oracle users. The are created depending on the options you choose.

Regards
Michel
Previous Topic: control file and data file recovery
Next Topic: its urgent please
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Sep 18 18:42:59 CDT 2024