Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » os level (veritas) fail over for db
os level (veritas) fail over for db [message #267132] Wed, 12 September 2007 09:52 Go to next message
rc_ora
hi all,
i am working as dba in a japanese company.here they have implemented the cluster type of environment( as per sysadmin)that one is veritas cluster environmnet.previous dba left long
back.if they wnat to shutdown they will do it on boht the machine and then sync it wiht os commands.i have seen v$views and it is not using dataguard environment.but in archive log mode.but when i inspcted both the nodes same dbid and same lognumber.i couldnot understand the

environment.is it possible to implement failover at oslevel for database.

in case of fail over scenario ,how to implement backup?

my problem is i need to change some initialisation parameters
(mandatory).how i have to do.they are not using spfile,only using pfile.and want

to add some datafile as there is some space related issue.how to do

it.can you give me some solution ,ple

nivas
Re: os level (veritas) fail over for db [message #267138 is a reply to message #267132] Wed, 12 September 2007 10:10 Go to previous message
DreamzZ
Quote:
environment.is it possible to implement failover at oslevel for database.

YEs configure Databroker/Observer on Third machine,which will check primary contineously if primary goes down either OS crash or Instance crash Observer bring your STandy by up.

Quote:
in case of fail over scenario ,how to implement backup?

Confuzed!!!!!

When you primary goes down and standby comes up in the same time you have to bring back your Primary up by applying backyp and archivelogs and then you have to resync that.

Quote:
my problem is i need to change some initialisation parameters
(mandatory).how i have to do.they are not using spfile,only using pfile.and want

If the parameters are Dynamic then just issue ALTER SYSTEM command if not then create spfile from pfile restart edit parameters and restart again.

Quote:
to add some datafile as there is some space related issue.how to do

alter tablespace add datafiles.

or this one

SQL> show parameter db_files

Previous Topic: 32 bit application on 64 bit oracle
Next Topic: Database Administration
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 19 18:58:21 CDT 2024