Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » how to get the output from dbms_job written to a file
how to get the output from dbms_job written to a file [message #226873] Mon, 26 March 2007 16:37 Go to next message
bm_souj
Can somebody help me with steps to write the output to a file when using dbms_job?

I have a procedure that I want to run every day in the night using dbms_job.I want the output written onto a file so that I can view it next day.
Using Linux and Oracle 9.2.0.7

Thanks
Re: how to get the output from dbms_job written to a file [message #226875 is a reply to message #226873] Mon, 26 March 2007 16:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSwan
use DBMS_OUTPUT or UTL_FILE
Re: how to get the output from dbms_job written to a file [message #226878 is a reply to message #226875] Mon, 26 March 2007 17:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bm_souj
Thanks for the reply.

I appreciate if you can give me steps exactly what should be done.
For example,if I have a procedure like below

create or replace procedure test(schema_owner varchar2)
is
begin

end
/

what lines do you add to print the output from this procedure?

Thank you

Re: how to get the output from dbms_job written to a file [message #226881 is a reply to message #226873] Mon, 26 March 2007 17:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSwan
> appreciate if you can give me steps exactly what should be done.
I'd appreciate being paid for my programming activites or you doing your own assignment.

With advice, you can have it good, fast or cheap. Pick any TWO.
Re: how to get the output from dbms_job written to a file [message #227626 is a reply to message #226881] Wed, 28 March 2007 16:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bm_souj
Hello anacedent,
You r indecent...
I have read many of your replies..and all are rude and show how impatient you are.
If you have no interest in participating in forums..just step aside.
Let somebody who has interest and who is not mean like you answer the questions.

Y do you pop up with dirty and half explained answers all the time?
I wonder how you fit in as Oracle professional...

Pls stop being rude and start sharing your knowledge.

Thanks
Re: how to get the output from dbms_job written to a file [message #227627 is a reply to message #226873] Wed, 28 March 2007 16:49 Go to previous message
BlackSwan
I'll admit that I have little patience for folks who are unwilling or incaplable of reading readily avialable manuals and
EXPECT others to freely share their time & knowledge to spoon feed folks who are too lazy to be self-sufficient.
You'll notice the sound of silence from other frequent responders to your post.
I can only conclude that so far they seem to think my responses were sufficient for you to solve your problem if you had any initative to solve it yourself.
You could search this forum for the packages I named.
You could search http://asktom.oracle.com
You could use GOOGLE.
So, would you like some cheese with your whine?

[Updated on: Wed, 28 March 2007 17:56] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: User Privilege Connection Problem - 9i client to 10g server
Next Topic: Data Archiving
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 01:45:15 CDT 2024