Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » problem with password file
problem with password file [message #223650] Sat, 10 March 2007 01:27 Go to next message
aboodlardy
Hi
Friend i created a database with password file authentication to some users. But unfortunately the password file is deleted while database is still mounted.
Now I am unable to authenticate any user using password file even after creating new password file. I have set remote_login_passwordfile=exclusive(for ur information)
Please help me.
Is there way to solve this problem?
Re: problem with password file [message #223659 is a reply to message #223650] Sat, 10 March 2007 02:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mohammad Taj

Hi,

just restart your Oracle Services.
net stop OracleService<SID>
net start OracleService<SID>

regards
Taj
Re: problem with password file [message #223765 is a reply to message #223659] Sun, 11 March 2007 03:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
aboodlardy
Hi Taj
Thanks for ur reply.
I do not know "net stop Oracle_Service<sid>" like command, what it does. when i execute these commands it gives its options help list on my macine.
what it does? Do u want me to stop all services on my machine which start with oracle or ora? if yes please give me a command which does that.
I try google to searh for a solution to stop the database, i found
STEPS: i> lsnrctl stop listener ii> dbshut ( i have tried this but still i am unable to create the user with sysdba priviledge) the error is " passwordfile missing or disabled
Please help
Re: problem with password file [message #223766 is a reply to message #223765] Sun, 11 March 2007 03:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mohammad Taj

Hi,

what is your OS system.

regards
Taj
Re: problem with password file [message #223768 is a reply to message #223659] Sun, 11 March 2007 04:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
aboodlardy
HI
Thanks for ur reply.
My Machine is Red Hat Linux ES.
One more thing is that after deleting my old passwordfile, i created the new one with different name but in the same location
does this cause any problem.Because i forget the name of old password file, does this passwordfile uses any environment variable to check the location of file?
Please help

regards
Abood

[Updated on: Sun, 11 March 2007 04:15]

Report message to a moderator

Re: problem with password file [message #223781 is a reply to message #223768] Sun, 11 March 2007 07:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mohammad Taj

i created the new one with different name but in the same location

Yes , passwordfile name must be like >>> pwd<SID>.ORA<<<
eg: my database name is ORCL then my password file is >>>PWDORCL.ORA<<<
and exists in $ORACLE_HOME/db_1/dbs folder.

regards
Taj
Re: problem with password file [message #223792 is a reply to message #223781] Sun, 11 March 2007 10:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
aboodlardy
Hi
Thank you for ur reply.
Yes Taj, I have corrected the file name, infact i have created a brand new one in the form "pwd<sid>.ora" in $ORACLE_HOEM/dbs.
and set remote_login_passwordfile=exclusive.
But still it gives same error i.e. "passwordfile is missing or disabled" when i give the following command
SQL>GRANT SYSDBA TO SCOTT;

PLEASE HELP

REGARDS
ABOOD
Re: problem with password file [message #223793 is a reply to message #223792] Sun, 11 March 2007 11:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
aboodlardy
Hi Taj
I get it, Thanks for ur all replies.

Actually, the name of passwordfile on windows must be pwd<sid>.ora
But on unix system( like mine, Linux) it is "orapw<sid>"

Thanks
regards
Abood
Re: problem with password file [message #223831 is a reply to message #223793] Sun, 11 March 2007 23:22 Go to previous message
Mohammad Taj

Hi,
But on unix system( like mine, Linux) it is "orapw<sid>"

correct...i think i missed ...

regards
Taj

Previous Topic: Datafile Size
Next Topic: Background process consuming high memory
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 01:35:15 CDT 2024