Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » Inteview Questions
Inteview Questions [message #220631] Wed, 21 February 2007 08:00 Go to next message
Taiwo

I need Interview questions for Oracle DBAs and also company recruiting DBAs in Nigeria.
Re: Inteview Questions [message #220642 is a reply to message #220631] Wed, 21 February 2007 08:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mohammad Taj

HI,
http://www.google.ae/search?hl=en&q=interview+DBA+question+%2B+oracle&meta=

regards
Taj
Re: Inteview Questions [message #220870 is a reply to message #220631] Thu, 22 February 2007 08:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
joy_division
Taiwo wrote on Wed, 21 February 2007 09:00
I need Interview questions for Oracle DBAs and also company recruiting DBAs in Nigeria.

Here's one:

Where would one go to find interviews question for DBA's?
Re: Inteview Questions [message #221410 is a reply to message #220631] Mon, 26 February 2007 10:42 Go to previous message
KenJ
Interview for Oracle DBA

1. Architecture

ORA-01555. (More undo tbs, UNDO_RETENTION increase, commit more frequently)
How would you diagnose a ORA-00600 error. (bdump, udump, lookup tool, metalink, TAR)
What are the different statuses of redo logs and what do they signify. (ONLINE, ACTIVE, INACTIVE, STALE)
ORA-04031 (Increase memory parameters, reduce usage of shared pool (CURSOR_SHARING etc), pin packages in memory (DBMS_SHARED_POOL))

2. Performance Tuning - Database

Users are complaining about poor performance. Please let me know how you would analyse this issue. (Stats, Network, IO, CPU, Memory)
Please describe the benefits of partitioning (Faster access to data, smaller more manageable pieces)
Please tell me about the different types of index and where you have used them and their benefits.

3. Performance Tuning - SQL

What methods would you use to trace SQL statements. Please tell me the difference and benefits of each approach. (DBMS_SESSION, DBMS_SYSTEM, ALTER SESSION, ALTER SYSTEM, 10046)
Please tell me about the CURSOR_SHARING parameter. (FORCE, SIMILAR and EXACT)
What views would you look in if there were performance problems with a query. (V$SESSION_WAIT, V$SESSION, V$SQL, V$SORT_UASAGE etc)

4. RMAN

Please describe what you have done with RMAN - backup strategy, cloning, installation, script writing, restore and recovery.
What files are not needed in a hot backup - (redo and temp).
If the database was up and running and all redo log groups and members were deleted from the OS how would you recover from this?

5. Dataguard

Have you used Logical Standby? If so please explain the architecture and any issues/bugs you came across.

6. Security patches

Have you applied the security patches which oracle have started to produce. Please tell me about this.
Previous Topic: Import Error
Next Topic: Unable to create DSN
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 01:52:05 CDT 2024