Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » same user connecting from 10 machines
same user connecting from 10 machines [message #219603] Thu, 15 February 2007 02:07 Go to next message
rzkhan
I am not competent enough in server administration. Can u please tell me about the scenario.

If there is one database on server. and one schema i.e HR (apart from other system schemas). I am using 10 different machines to access the same database at the same time updating, deleting , inserting into the objects. All the processes take place at the same time.

Is this OK to user the single user from all the 10 machines?
OR

I should create 10 different users, grant privs on objects to them, create synonyms there for all objects. And should connect as different user on differnt machines?

I m seeing it in terms of performance, speed and security.

Thanks
Riaz
Re: same user connecting from 10 machines [message #219606 is a reply to message #219603] Thu, 15 February 2007 02:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mohammad Taj

Hi,

It is not matter you connect with different user or some user. all depand on SESSION.
every connect count is session.

security.
you should create separate user and grant privs with there minimum requirements.

regards
Taj
Re: same user connecting from 10 machines [message #219867 is a reply to message #219606] Fri, 16 February 2007 08:06 Go to previous message
ThomasG
In case of our databases we usually just have different oracle user if we need different access rights for different applications.

E.g. one user with DBA rights for administration, one user for the accounting application, and one read-only user for transfering data to some external program.

Note : One thing that comes in handy sometimes is that you can also get the logged in OS user :

select sys_context('USERENV', 'OS_USER') from dual;

So when you want to trace updates, etc in you application you can log the OSuser that did it, even though everybody used the same Oracle user.
Previous Topic: ORA-1555 Famous Snapshot-Error
Next Topic: Java pool, Log Buffer and Granules
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 03:32:22 CDT 2024