Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » the oracle9i jvm version
icon5.gif  the oracle9i jvm version [message #195366] Thu, 28 September 2006 04:44 Go to next message
xincap
The oracle9i jvm version is 1.3.1.

The jvm class files can be found in schema sys source.

My java class files was made with jdk1.5 .

So the classes were invalid status after I loaded them into oracle9i.

I tried to unload the jvm of oracle9i build in.But I was failed.

I also tried to update the jvm version with jdk1.5 ,But failed,too.

I searched the way to solve the problem through internet,But I got nothing .

Someone said the oracle jvm version can not be changed!It's build in and encrypted.

Does somebody know how to solve the problem?

waiting for help!
Re: the oracle9i jvm version [message #195373 is a reply to message #195366] Thu, 28 September 2006 05:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gojko
If that's just binary incompatibility, try loading the java source instead of loading java classes. On the other hand, you might try to download java 1.3 from sun and recompile your classes.

Gojko Adzic
http://www.gojko.com
icon14.gif  Re: the oracle9i jvm version [message #195473 is a reply to message #195373] Thu, 28 September 2006 21:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
xincap
Thanks for your reply.

I know I can write my java files under jdk1.3 .

If I do that,otherwise I can't use jdk1.5 new features.

And ,I can't use many third-part new version jar files.

That's just my problem.

I don't want to give up, until I know the reason that the oracle jvm can't be updated.

I'll try another way to solve my problem. I hope I can find the answer quickly.
Re: the oracle9i jvm version [message #195699 is a reply to message #195473] Sun, 01 October 2006 09:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gojko
what exactly are you using java in db for? can you use an external appserver to host your java classes and logic, and then call out from oracle? if the appserver is on the same machine as the db, the overhead is not too big unless java gets called several hundred times per second from a critical section. With appserver you will be able to control the exact jvm and load any third party classes you might need.

Gojko Adzic
http://www.gojko.com
icon14.gif  Re: the oracle9i jvm version [message #197903 is a reply to message #195699] Fri, 13 October 2006 04:09 Go to previous message
xincap
Thanks for your reply,Gojko!
I know I can do that as what you said. I can use jdk1.5 out from oracle JVM.But my target is to find the secret of the oracle JVM version. IF know that,I'll have another way to solve work in the future.

I visited your web site(http://www.gojko.com ).In fact I couldn't read through the site.There are many new words to me.My english isn't good enough.

I'm learning english now.Can you help me and give me any suggestion in learning english? How to remember new words?

I can teach you Chinese if you have interested in it.

I hope,in your leisure time ,you can email to me(xincap@163.com).
Embarassed Laughing
Previous Topic: shared server confusion
Next Topic: Remove defunct/unused Oracle services in Windows XP
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 06:50:44 CDT 2024