Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » conversion from dictionary managed tablespace to Local
conversion from dictionary managed tablespace to Local [message #173787] Wed, 24 May 2006 07:44 Go to next message
anandhi
Hi

i convert a dictionary managed tablespace to Locally managed tablespace, after conversion what will be the extent allocation?

whether the extent allocation will be uniform?

Can anyone explain me examples?

Thanks
Anandhi
Re: conversion from dictionary managed tablespace to Local [message #173818 is a reply to message #173787] Wed, 24 May 2006 11:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ebrian
Your best bet would be to create a LOCAL managed tablespace and then move all the DICTIONARY managed objects over to the new tablespace.
Re: conversion from dictionary managed tablespace to Local [message #173838 is a reply to message #173818] Wed, 24 May 2006 15:14 Go to previous message
andrew again
you can easily convert to LMT, but be aware that original extents aren't rebuilt - you would need to alter table XYZ move..., alter index ABC rebuild...

dbms_space_admin.tablespace_migrate_to_local('MY_TS');

As usual - don't do this to system tablespace before researching. Take backup before converting tablespaces. I last did it in 8i and it worked fine.
Previous Topic: Recreate tables with new storage parameters
Next Topic: my database does not start automatically
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 11:36:10 CDT 2024