Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » General purpose auditing of all application generated sqls
General purpose auditing of all application generated sqls [message #173748] Wed, 24 May 2006 05:42 Go to next message
orausern
Hi ,

I need to have a general puropse auditing utility to get all the sql sent by the application to the database..this has to be something other than sql_trace , tkprof etc.

there are so often questions like when I do something from the front end, which tables are affected in the backend? the front end and the application is an n tier j2ee application and we want to have something like a stored procedure that a user or developer can executed from his own desktop...is that possible?

thanks,
Nirav
Re: General purpose auditing of all application generated sqls [message #173833 is a reply to message #173748] Wed, 24 May 2006 14:51 Go to previous message
andrew again
you can see cached statements in v$sql and v$sqltext_with_newlines etc - but that's not garanteed to be complete as sql is aged out - or some sql is very seldom run.

You can use SQL sniffers but these aren't generally suitable for developers. do a google on "sql sniffer". I think there are some SQL impact tllos which can scan source files for SQL.

http://asktom.oracle.com/pls/ask/f?p=4950:8:::::F4950_P8_DISPLAYID:497421739750
Previous Topic: KEEP Buffer Pool of VLM
Next Topic: Recreate tables with new storage parameters
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 11:51:13 CDT 2024