Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » SYSTEM User droped
SYSTEM User droped [message #172601] Wed, 17 May 2006 05:37 Go to next message
a.bilal.shah
I have mistakenly drop 'SYSTEM' user. after that i have import another 'system' schema on the database, but still i am facing the following problem.

When i try to drop any user i.e. 'Scott'
then following error appears.

ORA-00604 error occured at recursive SQL level 1
ORA-00942 table or view does not exist

Tell me what can i do to remove this problem.

Ahmed Bilal
Re: SYSTEM User droped [message #172642 is a reply to message #172601] Wed, 17 May 2006 08:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
joy_division
My guess is there is no way. I have to admit, this is the first time I ever heard of that happening, so I have no precedent for what I would do other than to rebuild the database.

Importing another SYSTEM schema? That's a good one. Ha! That schema will have metadata about that other database, which is of no good. Might produce some funny results.

I would have to say that your only option is to restore a backup. I wouldn't even think an import would work since it requires SYSTEM tables.

Where was the PL/SQL part of this question?
Re: SYSTEM User droped [message #172654 is a reply to message #172642] Wed, 17 May 2006 08:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maaher
joy_division wrote on Wed, 17 May 2006 15:09

Where was the PL/SQL part of this question?
Touché! Moved to server administration.

MHE
Re: SYSTEM User droped [message #172845 is a reply to message #172642] Thu, 18 May 2006 05:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
a.bilal.shah
Many thanks for your reply.

Sir I haven't any cold backup at the moment. I have only dmp of entire database.

Also i can't afford reinstallation.

Pl tell me about the scripts which i can run to remove this problem.

Regards

Ahmed Bilal

Re: SYSTEM User droped [message #172889 is a reply to message #172845] Thu, 18 May 2006 08:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
>> I have only dmp of entire database
If dmp file can be trusted,
you can re-create the database, import back the objects.
There is no script that can re-create the SYSTEM user, which is created during database creation by reading sql.bsq.
But i would not try to redo the same in a brute force method.
Easiest option is to re-create the database and import the data back ( Hopefully, you did not have your user data inside SYSTEM schema).
oracle@mutation#cat sql.bsq | grep 'create user system'
create user system identified by "D_SYSTPW"

Re: SYSTEM User droped [message #173394 is a reply to message #172889] Mon, 22 May 2006 05:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
a.bilal.shah
I havn't any user data in System schema, but I have many diffrent tablespaces, in which diffrent users data exists.

When I import dmp in new database. it will not create tablespaces autometically and many errors are coming. Due to that all data is not imported. Help Me...

A.B.
Re: SYSTEM User droped [message #173398 is a reply to message #173394] Mon, 22 May 2006 05:12 Go to previous message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
>>it will not create tablespaces autometically
It will, as long as you have the same path for the datfiles (as before). Import will try to recreate the datafiles/tablespace in the same directory locations. If it has any problems with it, your tablespaces will not be created.
Just create a new database.
Install each schema using fromuser/touser clause.
Previous Topic: Please Help me in Fine Grain Auditing (FGA)......How to enable it
Next Topic: Column data in Oracle block
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 11:48:02 CDT 2024