Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » Archival has been disabled due to space problem
icon8.gif  Archival has been disabled due to space problem [message #163298] Thu, 16 March 2006 00:34 Go to next message
dbasif

Hi Gurus,

My Production ERP Database (ver 8.0.6.1.0) is running in archive log mode, and there are two archive location defined by parameter: -

LOG_ARCHIVE_DEST=i:\archive
LOG_ARCHIVE_DUPLEX_DEST=E:\Oracle\Test\Archive\

yesterday i saw the following error message in alert log file: --

ORA-19502: write error on file "E:\ORACLE\TEST\ARCHIVE\ARCH0000017551.ARC", blockno 1 (blocksize=512)
ORA-27072: skgfdisp: I/O error
OSD-04008: WriteFile() failure, unable to write to file
O/S-Error: (OS 112) There is not enough space on the disk.

when i checked in the specified location for space, there was only 15 K space was remaing in E:\ drive, but it continues to archive in another location specified by LOG_ARCHIVE_DEST param ie I:\ location.

then i deleted the old archive logs which had been successfully backed up.
now there is much space like 1 G in E:\.

when i checked in archive location still no archiving is hapenning in the E:\, it seems like archival has been stopped writing in E:\,

My question is :

how to start the archival to archive in the E:\ also
and how it affect our database.

Mohammad Asif
Oracle DBA
Re: Archival has been disabled due to space problem [message #163328 is a reply to message #163298] Thu, 16 March 2006 04:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
aciolac
Try to connect by SQLPLUS and to execute
SQL>ARCHIVE LOG START 'your_stopped_destination';

I am not verified this, but seem it is correct.
Re: Archival has been disabled due to space problem [message #163371 is a reply to message #163298] Thu, 16 March 2006 08:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
croK
I don't remember how to start archiving back again to second destination at this precise moment. What I can asure you is, your database is not at risk since it is archiving to the first destination.
Your 'E' drive is actually a mirror site for your primary archive destination, so, as long as your primary site is available for archiving, no risk for your database.
But I would recomend you to look how to start mirroring again in the oracle documentation.

Best luck
Re: Archival has been disabled due to space problem [message #163793 is a reply to message #163371] Mon, 20 March 2006 00:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dbasif

Today i have given the following command in the prod database.

ALTER SYSTEM SET LOG_ARCHIVE_DUPLEX_DEST='E:\Oracle\Test\Archive';

which triggers the ARC to continue archiving at the specified
location, which was disabled earlier due to space problem.
Thanx Crok for your participation/suggestion in this thread.

Regards
Mohammad Asif
Re: Archival has been disabled due to space problem [message #163794 is a reply to message #163328] Mon, 20 March 2006 00:45 Go to previous message
dbasif

Today i have given the following command in the prod database.

ALTER SYSTEM SET LOG_ARCHIVE_DUPLEX_DEST='E:\Oracle\Test\Archive';
which triggers the ARC to continue archiving at the specified location, which was disabled earlier due to space problem.
Thanx for your participation/suggestion in this thread.

Regards
Mohammad Asif
Previous Topic: analyze table....
Next Topic: global temporaray table
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 13:45:57 CDT 2024