Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » maximum number of sessions
maximum number of sessions [message #151077] Tue, 13 December 2005 00:46 Go to next message
Natraj
i get the maximum number of sessions reached error. though i know that the sessions parameter can be increased.i want to know what are the other things that need to be considered? I want to allow maximum number of users to connect to the database as there are lots of testing going on.in the number of sessions is 1.1 * processes +5, but how do i know for a particular server for say 4GB RMAN, i have configured the best possible number of sessions?
Re: maximum number of sessions [message #151140 is a reply to message #151077] Tue, 13 December 2005 07:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Frank Naude
Don't make it too complicated: if this wasn't a one-off situation, increase the SESSIONS parameter and get it done with.

Before changing parameters like PROCESSES and TRANSACTIONS, check their high water marks in v$resource_limit.

Best regards.

Frank
Re: maximum number of sessions [message #151143 is a reply to message #151140] Tue, 13 December 2005 07:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
vjeedigunta

Agree with frank ..
Also we had a similar scenario a while back ..where in too many processes were getting stalled at the server ..I had setup a profile to kill the session which is idle for 2 hrs ..

Ofcourse this is a workaround that would need an approval from the business / app architects ..

-Sai Jeedigunta
Re: maximum number of sessions [message #151181 is a reply to message #151077] Tue, 13 December 2005 10:37 Go to previous message
Natraj
no, this is not a one off situation we always face this problem, so we need to fix it, or else as vjedigunta said kill the stalled sessions, we use apache, i am not conversant in it. so do you advise me to increase processes paramter or sessions parameter, i feel in our init.ora we have just set processes parameter, sessions is a little more than that(though i did not see it in init.ora, i checked it from database level), since this will be a real time application lot of hits will be there to the database when it goes live, howveer during testing our testers get the ora-18 error after around 200 connections.
Previous Topic: Question on Partitions.
Next Topic: ora-04031:unable to allocate 16084 shared memory
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 15:31:56 CDT 2024