Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » Oracle Client needs help
Oracle Client needs help [message #151067] Mon, 12 December 2005 23:53 Go to next message
ramsat
hai,

i installed orcle in a windows machine. The server works fine.
I could log on with no probs since administrator rights is given to me.

But when i installed the oracle client part in other windows machine which is given only power user
the client could not logon. I do not have seperate directory naming server or anything similar to that.

i cannot give the administrator rights to that user. What can i do now to make the client connected from his machine.

Thanks in advance
Ramesh!
Re: Oracle Client needs help [message #151071 is a reply to message #151067] Tue, 13 December 2005 00:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
genialsenthil
My dear friend,

Have u given the user rights like
1.Grant connect, resource, to <username>; (while you login as sysdba in the server side)
2.check whether listener listening properly

Try this out

Regards,
Senthil
Re: Oracle Client needs help [message #151072 is a reply to message #151071] Tue, 13 December 2005 00:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
>> the client could not logon.
How exactly?
Post the error message.
Re: Oracle Client needs help [message #151098 is a reply to message #151072] Tue, 13 December 2005 02:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ramsat
This is not the problem with Oracle but with windows.
let me come again

Oracle server installed in a windows machine(Call it as Machine 1) whoes windows user is given full Admin rights.
Now Oracle client installed in another windows machine (Call it as Machine 2) whoes windows user is given only power user rights.
Now when the client tries to "connect to machine 2" not even the application opens teeling that windows user does not have admin rights
This not a problem when the windows user is given the full admin rights

We cannot give the admin rights to any machine other than the admin machine, right!

I believe now i have given u the clear picture.

Could u help me
Re: Oracle Client needs help [message #151145 is a reply to message #151098] Tue, 13 December 2005 07:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
vjeedigunta

If i understand correctly .. then the user with which you login to windows need to have admin access ...

But incase if you are recieving a "TNS Could not resolve service name " error then ensure that you have set up the entry in the tnsnames.ora file @ $ORACLE_HOME/network/admin/tnsnames.ora

-Sai Jeedigunta
Re: Oracle Client needs help [message #151150 is a reply to message #151145] Tue, 13 December 2005 07:43 Go to previous message
ramsat
This is not at all Tnsnames problem this is peculair.
Genereally speaking we cannot give the Windows users admin priviliges right!
If as a client if i want to open the oracle from client machine this becomes possible only when the user is given the admin privilege.
My question is why is it so?
Previous Topic: ORA-01406: fetched column value was truncated when trying to startup the database
Next Topic: Monitoring and logging Locks.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 15:30:27 CDT 2024