Home » Server Options » Text & interMedia » How To Make Context Indexing aAutomatic without rebuild index
How To Make Context Indexing aAutomatic without rebuild index [message #135332] Wed, 31 August 2005 02:14 Go to next message
genialsenthil
Hi,
I am using Oracle 10g as backend Server and Oracle 9i as Client. There are more than 50 users using the application. There are more than 2 lakhs of records in the database. Main table in this database is Tbl_Resume Which comprise of Clob object. This field contains Resume Contents stored as Character object. I have created Domain Index on this table for field "FileCont" which is CLOB Object. Index Type is "CTXSYS.CONTEXT". The purpose of this is to search keyword for specific Resume contents which is stored in CLOB.

I am searching the words in the table using "Contains". For eg. Suppose i want to check oracle Words in Table i am using the query as (Select * from Tbl_Resume Where Contains(FileCont,'oracle')>0)...

If i create index for the field after insertion of records, i will get result properly. Suppose if i insert new values to the table which contains CLOB, i will never get any result from the table even i search for some words just i have inserted.
If i "ReBuild" the index using "Alter Index" command, i will get the results for newly inserted records.
I don't want to rebuild the index everytime. Because there are more than 1000 new records inserted each and every day. If iu rebuild the index it takes upto 45 minutes to rebuild the index (Bcz there are around 2+ Lakhs of records in DB). How can i make enable the context index as automatic. That is When user insert a new record to the Clob it will automatically updated in context table also. If the user searches some words from newly inserted records then it will produce resultset from newly inserted records also.
For. Example. If the user inserts new Contents to "Clob" which contains character Word "Uditi", the new record will be displayed for user search when he searches for the word "uditi". Here it is not possible to rebuild the index every time, bcz it is realtime application in processing.
Please anyone help me how to overcome this situation....

With Thankz in Advance,
Senthil Kumar .S
Re: How To Make Context Indexing aAutomatic without rebuild index [message #135354 is a reply to message #135332] Wed, 31 August 2005 04:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kumarvision25
Hi,

Create Sychronize index for this type of DML operations

EXEC CTX_DDL.SYNC_INDEX ('INDEXNAME')

thanks

shashi
Re: How To Make Context Indexing aAutomatic without rebuild index [message #136345 is a reply to message #135332] Wed, 07 September 2005 12:09 Go to previous message
rhardman
In 10g you can create your context index to sync on commit|interval as well. This would save you from creating a job/scheduled task to execute the sync.

-Ron
Previous Topic: How to Use CTX_DOC in Oracle 9i
Next Topic: Search Engine interMedia Text
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 16:46:31 CDT 2024