Home » Server Options » Text & interMedia » Ultra Search v URl_DATSTORE
Ultra Search v URl_DATSTORE [message #131851] Tue, 09 August 2005 14:46
pmj1
We have successfully indexed a collection of PDFs stored in the filesystem using MUTLI_COLUMN_DATSTORE with a BFILE column. Now we also want users to be able to search the web pages for content.

If I understand URL_DATASTORE, I would need a list of all the URLs to populate a table that Oracle Text would use to figure out what needed to be indexed. And I would need of course to be able to maintain that list as the web site changed.

Then there is Ultra Search which we do not use now and would have to install and learn about. We have our own search pages, hit list display and document display and would not want a new look and feel on the site. All I really want is the crawler agent with its smart crawling and inclusion/exclusion features.

The questions are

--What do I need to install to get Ultra Search up? I am unclear if US can be installed separately from the Application Server which we also do not currently use.

--Is it possible to just use the crawler part of Ultra Search or will I need to use the rest of Ultra Search to take advantage of it?
Previous Topic: text search index
Next Topic: creating CONTEXT index produces glibc messages
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 16:00:11 CDT 2024