Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » dbua is displaying a dbms_output.enable error
dbua is displaying a dbms_output.enable error [message #126420] Mon, 04 July 2005 07:31 Go to next message
james_briar
Hello all, i'm doing a test upgrade of an Oracle8i (8.1.7.4) database to an Oracle9i (9.2.0.6) database using Migration Assistant. I'm running dbua& from the Unix command line. The Migration Assistant starts up ok and i select a database to be upgraded but i get a "DBMS_OUTPUT.ENABLE must be declared" error.
How do i fix this if i'm running dbua& from the Unix command line (i'm not logged into SQLPLUS to start with so i can't set dbms_output.enable?).
Thanks.
Re: dbua is displaying a dbms_output.enable error [message #126429 is a reply to message #126420] Mon, 04 July 2005 08:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Frank Naude
Try the following:

Login as SYS and describe DBMS_OUTPUT. If it doesn't exist, execute the ?/rdbms/admin/catproc.sql script to create it.

Best regards.

Frank
Re: dbua is displaying a dbms_output.enable error [message #126443 is a reply to message #126420] Mon, 04 July 2005 09:33 Go to previous message
james_briar
Hello Frank, thanks for replying. I logged on as SYS and did describe DBMS_OUTPUT and it didn't exist. I ran the dbmsotpt.sql script (i saw that the catproc.sql script calls it). This fixed my problem, describe DBMS_OUTPUT displayed some output this time. I'm running dbua& and its now running fine.
Thanks again.
Previous Topic: urgent---oracle dbsnmp process occupying RAM
Next Topic: ORA-00600 internal error code, arguments: [string]....
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 27 00:12:47 CDT 2024