Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » ORA-00600 internal error code, arguments: [string]....
ORA-00600 internal error code, arguments: [string].... [message #126332] Sun, 03 July 2005 16:03 Go to next message
sunil_v_mishra

Hi

When tried to execute SQL at sql promot as below i get error

SQL> Archive log list

ORA-00600 internal error code, arguments: [string], [string], [string], [string], [string], [string], [string], [string]

When i AM trying to connect to the database from remote machine its taking lot of time.

when i try to execute the query as under
SQL> select username from dba_users;
Still no result i thought sytem was hang.

when i saw the usage of cpu by oracle it showing 99.9%

When i tried to export my users still no result (i.e export fail).

---------------------------------------------------------------
As per oracle documentation related to error 0ra-00600 is as below.

ORA-00600 internal error code, arguments: [string], [string], [string], [string], [string], [string], [string], [string]

Cause: This is the generic internal error number for Oracle program exceptions. It indicates that a process has encountered a low-level, unexpected condition. Causes of this message include:

timeouts
file corruption
failed data checks in memory
hardware, memory, or I/O errors
incorrectly restored files
The first argument is the internal message number. Other arguments are various numbers, names, and character strings. The numbers may change meanings between different versions of Oracle.

Action: Report this error to Oracle Support Services after gathering the following information:

events that led up to the error
the operations that were attempted that led to the error
the conditions of the operating system and databases at the time of the error
any unusual circumstances that occurred before receiving the ORA-00600 message
contents of any trace files generated by the error
the relevant portions of the Alter files
Note: The cause of this message may manifest itself as different errors at different times. Be aware of the history of errors that occurred before this internal error.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Now what i shoud do in my case to solve the error ora-00600 and to take dmp of my user.

Thank you

From sunil

Re: ORA-00600 internal error code, arguments: [string].... [message #126333 is a reply to message #126332] Sun, 03 July 2005 18:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
Check whether your archive log destination is full.
if so clear it and try again.
Re: ORA-00600 internal error code, arguments: [string].... [message #126338 is a reply to message #126332] Sun, 03 July 2005 20:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DMcG
ORA-00600 is Oracle's catch-all internal error. There are several hundred of these errors - each with a different cause and resolution. Try searching on the web using the first 2 or 3 arguments to try and narrow down which Ora-600 you've got.

Dougie McGibbon
Re: ORA-00600 internal error code, arguments: [string].... [message #126339 is a reply to message #126338] Sun, 03 July 2005 21:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sunil_v_mishra
hello,

Maheshji my database is not in archive log mode .

I am using putty to work on my remote database .
Now when i am trying to connect to oracle database i am not able to connect but i am also not getting any error it seems like my operation time out.

I dont know what to do now Embarassed

Any help by any one in positive direction for my issue will be of great assistance , so i request to all on forum... if they found any link related to this error Ora-00600 then please send me.

Note :- [1] My database is still working as i did'nt got any complain from my users of database
[2] Earlier i was able to use following.
SQL>Show SGA
At that time i saw SGA was allocated.

Thank you

icon7.gif  Re: ORA-00600 internal error code, arguments: [string].... [message #126345 is a reply to message #126339] Sun, 03 July 2005 23:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Achchan
sunil_v_mishra,
I don't know what is exactly going on but try these may be useful:
1.Try to connect without SSH and just directly.See if any positive changes.
2.Increase the SGA_Target and put in auto_managing by Oracle if you are using 10g.(As a rule of thumb: 80% of your physical RAM if you are not using any other app on server)
3.Defrag your physical Disk (not only tablespaces! )may be reduce block seek time and help if there is any sort of timeout error.
-Good Chance
Re: ORA-00600 internal error code, arguments: [string].... [message #126452 is a reply to message #126345] Mon, 04 July 2005 13:34 Go to previous message
sunil_v_mishra
hi,

Firstly I want to say thanks to all those who tried to solve my problem .
Secondly I want to inform them, that my issue is been fixed as i rebooted my server.... i think i was not able to kill some process which were casuing this problem but as i restared my server on which oracle database reside, database stop giving this error Ora-00600 and then i was able to take backup(i.e export) of my user schema which i was not able to do earlier .

thanks

Previous Topic: dbua is displaying a dbms_output.enable error
Next Topic: Working on Dedicated Server, will it cause any problem!!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 27 00:15:29 CDT 2024