Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » database hang
database hang [message #124271] Fri, 17 June 2005 03:24 Go to next message
awasthi_jaideep
hi all,

i am using oracle 8.1.7.0.0 on window 2000 server.
i am facing a problem in oracle.

problem:-

my database is hang in every one or two hrs.when my database is in hang position then i using svrmgrl and connect thr internal.After that shutdown database with abort option and restart database.
but after one or two hours database hang again.
i shutdown the database thr shutdown immediate command,but no respons given by oracle.
what can i do.

plz tell me.

thx in advance

jaideep

Re: database hang [message #124298 is a reply to message #124271] Fri, 17 June 2005 06:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
srisaravankumar

Check in alert log for any checkpoint not complete messages frequently or any other errors reported during that time.

Re: database hang [message #124495 is a reply to message #124271] Sun, 19 June 2005 08:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
salmansh

Jaideep,

If you are running you database in Archive log mode; check the log destination folder. If the archiver process is unable to archive the logfile to the archive destination and the current log is full the oracle server will not be able to write to the next logfile untill it is archived.

Also check the alert log file for additional error messages.

HTH
Re: database hang [message #124510 is a reply to message #124271] Sun, 19 June 2005 16:20 Go to previous message
DMcG
Check to see if you're in Archive Log mode - AND that you've actually starting the archiver. If your DB is in archive mode, but you haven't got an archiver running, the database will deliberately stop processing transactions when it's about to log switch through an un-archived redo log.

Dougie McGibbon
Previous Topic: tablespace efficiency
Next Topic: how to distribute work between 2 DBA's & more?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 27 02:17:57 CDT 2024