Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » unable to lock file - alread y in use
unable to lock file - alread y in use [message #120482] Fri, 20 May 2005 02:34 Go to next message
shreeram.wagh
Hi

I am running oracle 9i databse on solaris platform.
While the backup was going I have shutdown the database. When now I am trying to start it , it does not start and gives folowing error

ORA-00202: controlfile: <>/cntrlBD2.dbf'
ORA-27086: skgfglk: unable to lock file - already in use
SVR4 Error: 11: Resource temporarily unavailable

ALso in ps -ef , I see all the oracle background processes running. But when I try to connect thru sql it says database not available...I cannot restart the server for some reason. Can I kill those background processes by kill -9 command and then restart the database.

Please advice

Regards
Re: unable to lock file - already in use [message #120522 is a reply to message #120482] Fri, 20 May 2005 05:50 Go to previous message
Frank Naude
A reboot would be the easiest. However, if you want to do it manually:

1) Kill all the Oracle background processes (make sure you are on the right machine as this command will kill all Oracle database processes instantly!!!)
$ s -fu oracle | grep ora_ | awk '{print "kill -9 " $2}' | ksh

2) Execute the "ipcs" command (Unix) and "ipcrm -s ..." / "ipcs -m ..." to get rid of all Oracle's semaphores and shared memory segments.

Best regards.

Frank
Previous Topic: ODP.net connection giving me headaches
Next Topic: DBA Best Practices
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 27 02:23:46 CDT 2024