Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » a very strange Oracle signature error..
a very strange Oracle signature error.. [message #118026] Mon, 02 May 2005 14:33 Go to next message
Jolanda
hi you all,

I have the application servers with the application, but also Apache is running on these machines. Both the application servers are connected to the same Database server.

Now, I have performed a patch and one of the application server works fine and the other generates the ORA-04062 (signature) error.

Both the application servers are identical, but when the caller re-compiles the packages eg on the application servers than 1 of them still isn't working.

Anyone has had this problem before? How is it possible that one of them works properly and the other one isn't when the applicatons servers are identical?

Hope you have any ideas or suggestions.

Regards
Re: a very strange Oracle signature error.. [message #118038 is a reply to message #118026] Mon, 02 May 2005 16:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Frank Naude
Hi,

04062, 00000, "%s of %s has been changed"
// *Cause:  Attempt to execute a stored procedure to serve
//          an RPC stub which specifies a timestamp or signature that is
//          different from the current timestamp/signature of the procedure.
// *Action: Recompile the caller in order to pick up the new timestamp.

Execute ?/rdbms/admin/utlrp.sql from sqlplus (connect as SYSDBA) and let us know if it helped.

Best regards.

Frank
Re: a very strange Oracle signature error.. [message #118040 is a reply to message #118038] Mon, 02 May 2005 16:22 Go to previous message
Jolanda
Hi Frank,

Thank you for your reply to my question. I will try to execute the sql script, but I still do wonder how it is possible that compiling everyting works fine for one of the application servers and not for the other one.

Shouldn't it work properly when both the application servers are identical?

Regards
Previous Topic: More considerations of database batch job
Next Topic: ORA-01034:ORACLE not available
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 27 02:32:12 CDT 2024