Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » How asp.net to visit oracle 9i in one server?
How asp.net to visit oracle 9i in one server? [message #114905] Wed, 06 April 2005 05:35 Go to next message
rushing
There is only one server, which installed oracle 9i and IIS 5.0 and dotnetfx 2.0.
The conncetstring in asp.net is like this:
<connectionStrings>
<add name="PrgmConnectionString" connectionString="Server=xxx;User ID=xxx;Password=xxx;Persist Security Info=True" providerName="System.Data.OracleClient"/>
</connectionStrings>

However, error happend.
After installed MDAC 2.6 , still error.
The error is

Server Error in '/' Application.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

System.Data.OracleClient requires Oracle client software version 8.1.7 or greater.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

What should I do?
Thanks!

Re: How asp.net to visit oracle 9i in one server? [message #117254 is a reply to message #114905] Tue, 26 April 2005 02:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sunil_v_mishra
hi

I hope you have to give this type of connection string in your ASP.NET page which is connecting to oracle Database

Provider=OraOleDb.Oracle.1;Password=yourpassword;Persist Security Info=True;User ID=yourusername;Data Source=
(DESCRIPTION =(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP)(HOST=n.n.n.n)(PORT=1521))(CONNECT_DATA=(SERVICE_NAME=xxxx))

-----------------------------------------------------------------
suppose:--

your user Id = rushing
HOST means where your database resides now if your database is at 192.168.0.1
Port = 1521 most of time listener listen from this port
service_name is the service by which your database is running if service_name is xxxx

then your connection string will be

Provider=OraOleDb.Oracle.1;Password=yourpassword;Persist Security Info=True;User ID=rushing;Data Source=
(DESCRIPTION =(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP)(HOST=192.168.0.1)(PORT=1521))(CONNECT_DATA=(SERVICE_NAME=xxxx))
-----------------------------------------------------------------
I hope you will be able to connect to the database now ....

Re: How asp.net to visit oracle 9i in one server? [message #117539 is a reply to message #117254] Wed, 27 April 2005 21:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rushing
Use the new connectstring, has another errror:

Keyword not supported: 'provider'.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.ArgumentException: Keyword not supported: 'provider'.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.
Re: How asp.net to visit oracle 9i in one server? [message #117540 is a reply to message #117539] Wed, 27 April 2005 21:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rushing
After put the provider outside , there is another error.
The connectstring is
<connectionStrings>
<add name="PrgmConnectionString" connectionString="Password=12345;Persist Security Info=True;User ID=browser;Data Source=(DESCRIPTION =(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP)(HOST=200.121.2.14)(PORT=1521))(CONNECT_DATA=(SERVICE_NAME=prgm))" providerName="OraOleDb.Oracle.1"/>
</connectionStrings>

The error is :

Unable to find the requested .Net Framework Data Provider. It may not be installed.

Exception Details: System.ArgumentException: Unable to find the requested .Net Framework Data Provider. It may not be installed.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.
Re: How asp.net to visit oracle 9i in one server? [message #117572 is a reply to message #117540] Thu, 28 April 2005 05:48 Go to previous message
girish.rohini
Hi

either Install Oracle client on this machine for supporting ODBC connectivity or use JDBC instead for connecting to database remotely.

Regds
Girish
Previous Topic: Java.lang.NullPointerException
Next Topic: how to enter 'a&b' in varchar field?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 27 02:28:33 CDT 2024