Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » Unable to start 2 Oracle services
Unable to start 2 Oracle services [message #112920] Tue, 29 March 2005 20:41 Go to next message
mitra fatolahi
Hello,

After changing Oracle Services from Automatic to Manual and changing the domain name of the machine on which Oracle is installed to a different domain, I could no longer start the following two services:

TNSListener
The error message I get is:
Could not start the OracleOraDB10g_home2TNSListener service on Local computer. The service did not return an error. This could be an internal Window erro or an internal service error.

OracleDBConsoleTestDB
The error message I get is:
The OracleDBConsoleTestDB service terminated with service-specific error 2

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Mitra

Re: Unable to start 2 Oracle services [message #113389 is a reply to message #112920] Fri, 01 April 2005 15:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kapil2005
i have never used oracle on nt, so this is my guess, May be because you have changed the password on the domain or host for administrator. i don’t know if this going matter or not. if it matters then go to the oracle services in administrative tools, type the new password in LogOn tab

Re: Unable to start 2 Oracle services [message #113392 is a reply to message #113389] Fri, 01 April 2005 16:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
Reflect your domainname changes in listener.ora (serverside).

try manually starting using
#for default listener
lsnrctl start
#for custom one
lsnrctl start LISTENER_NAME
Re: Unable to start 2 Oracle services [message #113428 is a reply to message #113392] Sun, 03 April 2005 01:54 Go to previous message
waxle
i think the changes should be reflected in the tnsnames.ora too.
the tnsnames includes the server site and the client pier.
Previous Topic: Index usage - script
Next Topic: What information is stored in the redo change vectors exactly
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 27 02:30:08 CDT 2024