Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » Weird Behaviour while Assigning CONSUMER GROUPS to case sensitive usernames
Weird Behaviour while Assigning CONSUMER GROUPS to case sensitive usernames [message #64592] Fri, 11 February 2005 04:35 Go to next message
Sudheendra
The setup is:
1) There are two users in the Database.
user1 and USER1. Oracle supports two users with same name but diffrent Cases.

2) I try to add a consumer group like 'LOW_GROUP' to 'user1'.

3) Oracle does not assign this CONSUMER GROUP to 'user1' but surprisingly this CONSUMER GROUP is assigned to 'USER1'.

Please look into this.
Re: Weird Behaviour while Assigning CONSUMER GROUPS to case sensitive usernames [message #64593 is a reply to message #64592] Fri, 11 February 2005 04:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
>>I try to add a consumer group like 'LOW_GROUP' to 'user1'.
How?
Please post the exact command you used.
Re: Weird Behaviour while Assigning CONSUMER GROUPS to case sensitive usernames [message #64612 is a reply to message #64593] Mon, 14 February 2005 19:21 Go to previous message
Sudheendra
I was using the Enterprise Console Manager(ECM) and using Oracle 9i to be precise.

STEPS:
1) Add a user by name USER1 using the ECM.
2) Add another user as "user1" using the ECM.(Usage of Double Quotes will preserve case, or else, by default all users are created UPPERCASE).
3) Now after the 'user1' user who is created, click on user. The Right Frame of ECM will show the 'CONSUMER GROUPS' tab, where the 'LOW_GROUP' group can be added.
4) You will observe that this 'CONSUMER GROUP' is added to 'USER1' instead of the 'user1'.
Previous Topic: Oracle Name server Problem
Next Topic: Urgent - files needed for 7.3.4.2 for NT
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 27 04:25:57 CDT 2024