Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » how to find out table names from the given datafile?
how to find out table names from the given datafile? [message #64444] Sun, 30 January 2005 07:43 Go to next message
som
how to find out table names from the given datafile???
I have one datafile and I want to know what are the tables in that datafile.

Here are the details:

I have one tablespace:
TABLESPACE1

I have three datafiles included in that tablespace:
DATAFILE1
DATAFILE2
DATAFILE3

I deleted one datafile since It is giving some media recovery error.

Now I want to recover all the data ( all the objects that were ther into the datafile).
I have the clean backup and Im planning to spool all the table into flat file from the backup and load them into the new database.
But I am not getting how to get the name of the tables from that datafile.
Please help.
thanks
Re: how to find out table names from the given datafile? [message #64450 is a reply to message #64444] Mon, 31 January 2005 00:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sreedhar Reddy
if you are having the backup of the particular datafile, you can make an media recovery, and making sure that your database in archive log mode.

copy your old copy of your datafile to the existing location, then shutdown the database..

startup in mount stage
recover
startup database.
Re: how to find out table names from the given datafile? [message #64459 is a reply to message #64450] Mon, 31 January 2005 03:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
som
hi shreedhar,
My problem is not database recovery.
I am having a cold backup.
and What I planned to do is that I wil export the tables into text files which are there in the missing datafile.
so I want to know which tables are there in the datafiles so that i can take there flat files and load them
Re: how to find out table names from the given datafile? [message #64460 is a reply to message #64459] Mon, 31 January 2005 03:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sreedhar Reddy
I dont think that therz a way to find out what tables or objects are lying in the data files. Any way let me check....
i will get back with approriate solution
Re: how to find out table names from the given datafile? [message #64479 is a reply to message #64460] Tue, 01 February 2005 07:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Satheesh Babu.S
if you join dba_extents and dba_data_files you can get the segment, which are belonging to that particular datafiles.

Thanks and Regards,
Satheesh Babu.S
Bangalore.
Re: how to find out table names from the given datafile? [message #64484 is a reply to message #64479] Tue, 01 February 2005 20:06 Go to previous message
Sreedhar Reddy
Hi Sateesh,
We can even use dba_segments,dba_data_files .

select file_name,segment_name,s.tablespace_name
from dba_segments s,dba_data_files d
where s.tablespace_name=d.tablespace_name
and owner='MKT'

where this query has better performance that dba_extents and dba_data_files
Previous Topic: Old archive logs
Next Topic: Resource Usage Calculation.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 27 04:20:58 CDT 2024