Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » different ips for one database server
different ips for one database server [message #64320] Wed, 12 January 2005 03:24 Go to next message
ramya
hi If i assign 2 IPS for a single db server,
how can i access database using application with 2 ips.
with regards
ramya
Re: different ips for one database server [message #64322 is a reply to message #64320] Wed, 12 January 2005 03:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Frank Naude
Hi,

You can configure your listener (listener.ora file) to listen on both IP addresses. Or, if you want, configure different listeners for the different addresses.

Also, remember to update your TNSNAMES.ORA entries to point to the different (or both of the) IP addresses.

Best regards.

Frank
Re: different ips for one database server [message #64323 is a reply to message #64320] Wed, 12 January 2005 04:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
should work.

Throw the details in all files ( tnsnames.ora, listener.ora).

In listener

(ADDRESS =(PROTOCOL=TCP )( HOST=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx)(PORT=1521))
(ADDRESS =(PROTOCOL=TCP )( HOST=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx)(PORT=1526))
Re: different host for one sid [message #64325 is a reply to message #64322] Wed, 12 January 2005 10:54 Go to previous message
ramya
Hi thnks all
I will try that one.I have another dought in standby database.If i want to connect the applicaiton to the standby database when its comes as primary.eg if some disaster occured in primary,The client should not change the connect string.If i add addres_list parameter in
tnsnames.ora in client side,can i accomplish this one.In one connetstring i add one more address_list contains the hostname,port,protocol of the standby.If the primary is becomes standby automatically it should select the standby host for connecting wihtout
changing the connect string.
eg

ZAK2 =
(DESCRIPTION =
(ADDRESS_LIST =
(ADDRESS = (PROTO = TCP)(HOST = zak2)(PORT = 1521))
(ADDRESS = (PROTO = TCP)(HOST = 192.9.230.2)(PORT = 1521))
)
(CONNECT_DATA =
(SERVICE_NAME = ZAK2.world)
)
)
Previous Topic: CONTRAINTS
Next Topic: DATABASE LINK
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 27 04:24:51 CDT 2024