Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » Oracle Intelligent agent
Oracle Intelligent agent [message #63820] Wed, 10 November 2004 03:35 Go to next message
Joe
Oracle database rdbms v. 9.2.0.4 EE on SuSe linux:

Oracle intelligent agent does not start with "oracle" user (user that has installed all oracle software). Error message is as bellow:

Error: Failed to get directory/file info from environment
Failed while initializing Collection Service
Error initializing subsystems
Agent exited at Wed Nov 10 13:34:17 CET 2004 with return value 55
Could not start agent. Initialization failure

User root is able to start the agent.

Everything esle works fine: database is started, node is discovered in OEM (on another computer), etc. Even user Oracle is able to stop the agent (./agentctl stop), but not to start it (start is possible after "su root").

As consequence of this problem, event monitoring database availability in enterprise manager is displaying status as "database down". Although, database is up and running, visible from OEM, and accepting scheduled jobs and events.

What could be the problem, and is there any way to resolve the problem without re-installing oracle software?

Thanks.
Re: Oracle Intelligent agent [message #63821 is a reply to message #63820] Wed, 10 November 2004 07:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
andrew again
I'd check the documentation or check with metalink to make sure it is workable even after all the file permissions have been opened up for the 2 IDs. Intellegent agent can start and stop Oracle database and when you restart the instance, you don't want the process owner to be the wrong user...
Re: Oracle Intelligent agent [message #63826 is a reply to message #63820] Thu, 11 November 2004 00:08 Go to previous message
Joe
I have checked documentation, and most of internet resources looking for hints regarding this problem.
There's no even similar description to the problem, nor hints how to resolve it.

Seems that noone had similar situation?
All troubleshootings related to agent are tried, but do not work in this case: agent is running, but only with root user. I cannot even try to use agent to restart instance - it is a production 24x7 system...
workin more or less fine (except this agent problem, as temporary workarround I have to start agent with root to fulfill backup strategy through OEM... but event monitoring does not work properly).

Is there anyone having similar experience?
Previous Topic: Error in Export and Procedures and General Base
Next Topic: Urgent:Load .gif image in database and want to view.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 27 06:25:16 CDT 2024