Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » Error in Export and Procedures and General Base
Error in Export and Procedures and General Base [message #63795] Mon, 08 November 2004 05:34 Go to next message
Mauricio
Hello all:
           I hope that they can help me. I have a data base Oracle 8i in which 3 direferentes programs with their respective transactions concur. After reinitiating the servant (routine task of each weekend), the base began to present/display some problems. Procedures stored not finish (at least those that they handle a great amount of transactions), the complete Export of the base never finishes, and exist consultations Web that does not give back results. Also appeared tablespace that it grew to the maximum of its capacity (8GB). Thinking that this tablespace was the source of the problem we changed to the user to another one tablespace, we left Offline it and we tried it to erase, but the process never I finish.
That they suggest to me does? 
As it can be the source of the problem?
Of which way I can attack it and solve it...?

Thanks very Much for all
Re: Error in Export and Procedures and General Base [message #63796 is a reply to message #63795] Mon, 08 November 2004 09:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
croK
Sorry but it's no easy tu understand what you want..
need to drop offlined tablesapce?
need to export?
need queries (consultations WEB) to complete while exporting?

???????
Re: Error in Export and Procedures and General Base [message #63806 is a reply to message #63796] Tue, 09 November 2004 03:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mauricio
Thanks to respond.
First that I need it is to manage to finish export of the data base. I have left running the process by more than 28 hours and the process I am left prisoner in the same point by more than 24 hours. I believe that this can be cause of the great size of tablespace.
The second is to obtain that the Querys gives back a result.
And the latest is to erase tablespace.
It is possible that the cause of all the problems is the size of tablespace?
Thanks for all.
Re: Error in Export and Procedures and General Base [message #63807 is a reply to message #63806] Tue, 09 November 2004 03:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
croK
No, i dont believe that ts size is affecting performance, never heard that before.
How many rows are stored in the table you are trying to export?
Why you need to export?: backup porpouses?, to re-create table in other database?
Re: Error in Export and Procedures and General Base [message #63822 is a reply to message #63807] Wed, 10 November 2004 07:43 Go to previous message
Mauricio
Hello, thanks for your preoccupation. What I need is to export the base completely and the problem is that "Full Export" it never finishes. That is the main thing. Later it follows the problem that the consultations Web and the procedures stored either do not work and only the rare thing is tablespace temporary giant.
Previous Topic: MTS mode
Next Topic: Oracle Intelligent agent
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 27 06:28:39 CDT 2024