Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » User creation on export/import
User creation on export/import [message #63755] Thu, 04 November 2004 19:44 Go to next message
IA
Hi Everyone,

I am doing a full database export from a 7.3.4 oracle database (structure only).

Upon import into a 9.2 database, I will perform a fromuser to user import (schema level). If these users are not on the target db, will they be created on import?

Also, just to re-affirm, schema level import is the only advisable way of importing since I dont want to replace sys/system users of 9i with the 7.3.4 db. Is this a correct assumption?

Much appreciate your reply in advance ... IA
Re: User creation on export/import [message #63761 is a reply to message #63755] Fri, 05 November 2004 03:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
>> I will perform a fromuser to user import (schema level). If these users are not on the target db, will they be created on import?

Using fromuser/touser during import will not create the target user.
IF if it does, it IS NOT recomended to do so.
Better to precreate the user manually and do the import.

SYS/SYSTEM schema is excluded from export.
Re: User creation on export/import [message #63770 is a reply to message #63755] Fri, 05 November 2004 05:20 Go to previous message
croK
users will not be created automatically. FULL IMPORT must proceed in ordert to do that, or, you can create users/schemas manually first.

Also, your second assumption IS NOT CORRECT.
full import into oracle9 will not 'replace' oracle 9i users or dictionary configuration with oracle7 stuff.

I would recomend you to do FULL IMPORT.
It will also re-create tablespaces/datafiles, unless you want to crete them manually so you can implement locally managed tablespaces (this didn't exist on 7.3)

Best luck.
Remote DBA looking for remote job.
Previous Topic: What is a Fixed SGA?
Next Topic: Create rollback segment error while importing
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 27 06:25:25 CDT 2024