Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » Generating of ASCII files on a Wide Area Network(on Win XP and Oracle 9i)
Generating of ASCII files on a Wide Area Network(on Win XP and Oracle 9i) [message #63474] Fri, 08 October 2004 00:26 Go to next message
Manyanye Amos
We have a database being accessed by users across a wide area network. We have defined our Spool Directory to be on the application server, this is where the generated text files will be spooled to.

The problem is that from some worksations, the generation is Ok, but some are failing to generate. All the workstations are accessing the App Server as well as the Database Server(both on Win 2000) . The users from all workstations are accessing the forms and reports , but the generation

Is it a general problem, an issue of privileges?
Re: Generating of ASCII files on a Wide Area Network(on Win XP and Oracle 9i) [message #63569 is a reply to message #63474] Sat, 16 October 2004 21:24 Go to previous message
Balaji
hi Amos ,

in this instant case all the users connected to the application server are able to run the forms/reports to access the database server .as long as they have a valid username/password for the oracle database they can run the applications in the application server .No hassles.fine .

but some of the workstations are not able to generate ascii files on the application server where the reports are spooled .

so you create a directory in the application server and authenticare read/write permissions to all the users in the Active Directory .And ask your employees at workstations to log on using the usernames/passwd which are among the authenticated ones who have read/write permissions on the folder you have created .
if you have a folder already defined in your application then change the read write permissions for this folder .

hope this works.
with best wishes
balaji
Previous Topic: oracle 8i administration
Next Topic: Oracle & SUSE
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 27 06:21:52 CDT 2024