Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » ORA-24775: cannot prepare or commit transaction with non-zero lock value
ORA-24775: cannot prepare or commit transaction with non-zero lock value [message #63223] Mon, 20 September 2004 05:50 Go to next message
Shibaji Ghosh
Hello,

I saw a message in our log file generated in Weblogic Server -- "ORA-24775: cannot prepare or commit transaction with non-zero lock value". The database is Oracle 9i running on HP-UNIX box.

Can anybody give me a clue as to what is this error about and how to remove this error.

Thanks & Regards,
Shibaji

Re: ORA-24775: cannot prepare or commit transaction with non-zero lock value [message #63254 is a reply to message #63223] Wed, 22 September 2004 12:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
croK
You will need to look for all trace files related to that error and try to isolate username/process in order to setup a test case and try it from within SQLPlus or some other way so you can debug that transaction.

Oracle error definition states:
Error: ORA-24775 Text: cannot prepare or commit transaction with non-zero lock value --------------------------------------------------------------------------- Cause: An attempt was made to detach the transaction with a non-zero lock value. Action: Detach the transaction with lock value set to zero and then try to prepare or commit the transaction.

Best luck.
www.consultoria-oracle.com
Remote DBA available for hire.
Re: ORA-24775: cannot prepare or commit transaction with non-zero lock value [message #63261 is a reply to message #63254] Wed, 22 September 2004 23:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shibaji Ghosh
Thank you for the response. Indeed I will look at the trace files for the same. Can you please explain The Oracle error definition statements. A heads up on the same can help my cause. Right now I am not understanding the error statement.
Re: ORA-24775: cannot prepare or commit transaction with non-zero lock value [message #63270 is a reply to message #63261] Thu, 23 September 2004 06:21 Go to previous message
croK
Hi again.
I don't either.
I checked this out with some co-workers, and never got that error before.
What is being done when this error happend?
Previous Topic: Installing Oracle 8i
Next Topic: Migrate database from 4KB block size to 8Kb block size
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 27 08:24:04 CDT 2024