Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » Urgent: Export only 1 schema (user)
Urgent: Export only 1 schema (user) [message #63157] Tue, 14 September 2004 23:27 Go to next message
Vivek Vijai
Hi,

I imported one of the schema(named: MJK) from a 5 days old export file, of my 9i database. I just wanted to know as i imported only 1 schema but the dba_, v$ etc tables in sys must be having the entries for MJK as per today and not 5 days back, so wud there b any inconsistencies after the process.

Please let me know asap.

thanks in advance

Vivek
Re: Urgent: Export only 1 schema (user) [message #63167 is a reply to message #63157] Wed, 15 September 2004 08:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
andrew again
when you import MJK back into MJK at a later time, existing objects aren't overwritten. If you imported with ignore=y, then one common problem you could encounter is that any tables without primary keys (or unique constraints) would likely have duplicate rows.
Re: Urgent: Export only 1 schema (user) [message #63177 is a reply to message #63167] Thu, 16 September 2004 03:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Vivek Vijai
Hi and thanks,
I dropped all of the objects of MJK schema and then imported it..all i want to ask that while importing the objects does the updates the data dictionary tables also to make the information about MJK schema sync with meta data in Data dictionary.

Thanks in advance
Vivek
Re: Urgent: Export only 1 schema (user) [message #63189 is a reply to message #63177] Thu, 16 September 2004 08:51 Go to previous message
andrew again
Yes, your objects can be queried from user_objects (which is a view of the data dictionary). When you drop your objects, the table entries in the data dictionary corresponding to those objects are deleted. When you re-create objects, new rows are inserted into the data dictionary tables. The meta data of all objects, grants etc are stored in the data dictionary.
Previous Topic: svrmgrl command in Oracel 9i
Next Topic: clarification of listener log
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 27 08:21:09 CDT 2024