Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » Any other way to find missing data?
Any other way to find missing data? [message #63103] Thu, 09 September 2004 08:23 Go to next message
Vijay JDV
Hi All:

I have faced a very common problem but the reason how it was happened is mystery.lemme tell u that.

we lost some specific data from few tables in the production server database  in which no tracing, audit and archive logs are available.

Thats it..i am dead...  :))

can i find some help from the gurus that, is there anyway for me to find out when it was happened exactly,by whom etc.., using data dictionary views?

excuse me if i am innocent in asking this question. But pls do reply as soon as possible ...ocz its very urgent for me to figure it out this problem...

Thanks in advance

Vijay JDV
Re: Any other way to find missing data? [message #63154 is a reply to message #63103] Tue, 14 September 2004 22:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anatol Ciolac
Sorry, but you cannot restore any data (except information, which contains in redo log's) in database, where archiving of logs is not enabled. It is recomended enable archiving for preventing such problems in future.
Re: Any other way to find missing data? [message #63161 is a reply to message #63154] Wed, 15 September 2004 04:36 Go to previous message
Vijay JDV
Hi Jam and anatol:

Thank you very much for ur response..i accept to enable the archiving in the database.

Keep in touch.
Vijay JDV
Previous Topic: Help Urgent
Next Topic: RAID for indexes vs. tables
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 27 08:24:09 CDT 2024