Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » Any other way to find missing data?
Any other way to find missing data? [message #63102] Thu, 09 September 2004 08:23 Go to next message
Vijay JDV
Hi All:

I have faced a very common problem but the reason how it was happened is mystery.lemme tell u that.

we lost some specific data from few tables in the production server database  in which no tracing, audit and archive logs are available.

Thats it..i am dead...  :))

can i find some help from the gurus that, is there anyway for me to find out when it was happened exactly,by whom etc.., using data dictionary views?

excuse me if i am innocent in asking this question. But pls do reply as soon as possible ...ocz its very urgent for me to figure it out this problem...

Thanks in advance

Vijay JDV
Re: Any other way to find missing data? [message #63107 is a reply to message #63102] Thu, 09 September 2004 12:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
N.A. Jam
Log mining is your answer only if you suspect that the data changes just happened. The transaction might still be in the online redo log files. You must prevent log file switching by restricting access to the database and halt any DML activities. Possibly shutdown the database and make copies of your log files while reading up on log mining or configuring thereof.
Re: Any other way to find missing data? [message #63116 is a reply to message #63107] Fri, 10 September 2004 04:21 Go to previous message
Vijay JDV
Hi Jam:

Thanks for ur response.
Unfortunately, the server is not ruinning in archivelog mode. So i don't have that option of finding a solution.
But after reading ur response, i am wondering that is it possible to see the contents of the online redo log files using logmining?

Thanks in advance for ur response.

Thank you.
Vijay JDV
Previous Topic: sqlplus option
Next Topic: ORA-03113 Executing query from Developer 4.5 with Oracle 9i
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 27 08:25:00 CDT 2024