Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » 8i enterprise manager problem
8i enterprise manager problem [message #62952] Fri, 27 August 2004 06:30 Go to next message
shuttledude
I have successfully installed the trial version of 8i server and a client.  When I launch the enterprise manager to connect, it will not log me on.  I'm using the default values for the userid and password suggested in the documentation ( sysadm / oem_orig ).  Is this password correct?  Maybe there is a typo in the user documentation.

The server and client are both on the same workgroup, not part of the domain that contains my company's DNS server.  Could that be part of the problem (i.e., if I re-install on two computers that have joined the domain, would that fix the problem)?

This is my very first experience with Oracle, I have no prior knowledge, and I have been given the sole responsibility of "making it work".  No training provided either, naturally.  So, any help is appreciated.  The documentation listed a 1-800 toll free number for trial version tech support, but that # is out of service.  :-(
Re: 8i enterprise manager problem [message #63022 is a reply to message #62952] Thu, 02 September 2004 07:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BThiru
Please specify the OS and Oracle release, that will help,cos the "sysadm/ oem_orig" userid-passwd combination doesnt sound right .
Re: 8i enterprise manager problem [message #63025 is a reply to message #63022] Thu, 02 September 2004 10:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shuttledude
Operating System is Windows 2000 Server. This is for Oracle Database 8i Release 3 (version 8.1.7). The CD pack is stamped "APR-01 Release".

The Oracle Enterprise Manager is "Release 2.2.0.0.0 Production". I am trying to use the Enterprise Manager to log on to the Management Server.

Thanks very much for your response!!
Re: 8i enterprise manager problem [message #63027 is a reply to message #63025] Thu, 02 September 2004 10:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BThiru
1. Was the database for OMS default schema SYSMAN created successfully ?
2. Is the OracleManagementServer service running ?

Further you can check the log files under $ORACLE_HOME
under windows the sub-directory is OEM, I think.
Re: 8i enterprise manager problem [message #63028 is a reply to message #63027] Thu, 02 September 2004 11:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shuttledude
I don't know how to determine the answer to question #1. In answer to question #2, there were several Oracle services configured as Manual, and not running. I started all of these and tried to log on, but again with no luck.

There are so many log files that I'm not sure which one to read. But I do specifically remember that at the very end of the installation process I saw a dialog that specifically stated the installation had succeeded. I saw this for the server, and for the client installation as well.
Re: 8i enterprise manager problem [message #63030 is a reply to message #63028] Thu, 02 September 2004 12:55 Go to previous message
BThiru
Look for an applet which should be named something like "EnterpriseManager Config Asst" or EMCA . That should walk you thru the repository creation etc.
But This database should always be available.

Cheers!
Previous Topic: restricting the user from performing DDL Activities
Next Topic: win 2000 server remote insatllation of 10g
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 27 08:24:09 CDT 2024