Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » Oracle installation
Oracle installation [message #62918] Tue, 24 August 2004 07:59 Go to next message
Lijo
Dear members,

I am new to oracle.I just started learning it by myself.I installed Oracle 9i on my windows 2000 server.Now i want to install forms 6i on the same machine.it is asking some questions like "home already existing ".what should i do to install in properly.can anyone help me

Regards

Lijo
Re: Oracle installation [message #62919 is a reply to message #62918] Tue, 24 August 2004 11:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Girdhari Choudhary
Hello,
when you install the oracle server as well as forms on same machine than you need to specify two oracle homes.
one for oracle server like ORACLE_HOME and another for forms like ORACLE_APP.
so oracle will be installed on ORACLE_HOME and forms will be installed ORACLE_APP.
after installing you need to change you tnsnames.ora in ORACLE_APP. in this file you need to specify server name and oracle sid to connect to oracle server.
i think its enough and if you get any further problem, just explaned you problem more detail, I will explain it in more detail
Re: Oracle installation [message #62929 is a reply to message #62918] Tue, 24 August 2004 20:37 Go to previous message
dr alex
I have faced the same problem while installing Oracle 9i in WinXP and Windows 2000 Server.
Oracle Home for Oracle 9i and Developer 6i should be different.If you give the same oracle home this will create problem.
To solve this problem, I have installed forms 6i first then Oracle 9i with different Oracle home.
Hope this will solve the problem.
With best regards,
Anup
Previous Topic: Import/Export
Next Topic: Data Dictionary
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 27 08:27:49 CDT 2024