Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » oracle installation: use of local hard disc
oracle installation: use of local hard disc [message #62780] Fri, 13 August 2004 02:54 Go to next message
R.B.
Hallo,
when installing oracle 9.2 on windows 2003 server, I can choose where I want to install the oracle software and where I want to have the databases.
I decided to put both not on the local hard disc (c:). All the same, when installing, oracle uses space just there. When installing a database, I can change the "shared pool" space (default 48 MB). By increasing it, on c: is required a minimum free space of this value. How can I avoid this and tell oracle that this space is taken somewhere else?
Thanks,
R.B.
Re: oracle installation: use of local hard disc [message #62782 is a reply to message #62780] Fri, 13 August 2004 04:49 Go to previous message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
shared pool would affect your storage limits ( hard disk). It is to do with your RAM (memory).
Though you need (a standard recomendation which can be traded) a virtual memory atleast 3 times RAM.
Previous Topic: temfile & datafile
Next Topic: How to increase size of Redo log files?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 27 08:34:15 CDT 2024