Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » How can I mount database in exclusive mode
How can I mount database in exclusive mode [message #62626] Wed, 04 August 2004 02:28 Go to next message
kjl
  Hi,

I got error message 'ORA-01102' when I try to mount it. Now I think that I need to moun db in exclusive mode. How can I do it?

BR Karri
Re: How can I mount database in exclusive mode [message #62629 is a reply to message #62626] Wed, 04 August 2004 04:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
satyajit das
hi tell me do u have a standby database as well as primary database in the same machine.. if it is the case then it is due to that the SGA's colliding
Re: How can I mount database in exclusive mode [message #62895 is a reply to message #62626] Sun, 22 August 2004 22:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thomas
The 'ORA-01102' error means the instance is already mounted. You have to make sure the instance is shutdown before trying to mount it again.

If Windows - check your Oracle service, stop and start again

If Unix - kill the background processes, check the shared memory & semaphores (ipcs), and start the instance again.

Hope that helps,

clio_usa - OCP DBA 8/8i/9i

Oracle DBA Resources
Oracle DBA Forums
USENET Oracle newsgroups
Re: How can I mount database in exclusive mode [message #63781 is a reply to message #62629] Sat, 06 November 2004 13:05 Go to previous message
eilison
I think you'd give us your OS and oracle version info before your asking.

Actually, you are not alone. More than one case give rise to such kind of error message. Some guy from this space got this problem in parallel db, solaris env, primary/standby db, etc. In addition, I ever ran into this problem when i was trying to startup my 2nd oracle 817 db on redhat 7.3 after my successful startup of the 1st 817 db. I agree to some people that the instance is confused about which database to start. so I just specify pfile in the startup command, FYI:

SQL>startup pfile=/app/oracle/admin/RCAT/pfile/initRCAT.ora

and it was cleared.
hope it helps!
eilison
eilisonl@yahoo.com
Previous Topic: Very Very Urgent Help
Next Topic: Error messages in other languages
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 27 06:24:19 CDT 2024