Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » too:urgent recovery problem in live database
too:urgent recovery problem in live database [message #62616] Tue, 03 August 2004 03:00 Go to next message
BhavinShah
Hi. Friends,

I have lost my one hard drive which has operating system
and 4 .dbf datafile(excluded system and control file)

exact scenario:

oracle version:7.3
hard disk A: dameged
A has only 4 datafiles (excluded sys files and controlfiles and init.ora files)
A has Operating system windos 2000 server.

Now hardware person told us to replace hard disk A by new one. and install operating system in that hard disk.

Now my question is Oracle installed is in another hard drive.. so i need to re install oracle ..or that installed oracle will work.
I have a backup of all files redo,control,datafiles..

Or i have to re install a oracle and set up data base my backup files..

suggest me as earliest..

thax in advance..
Re: too:urgent recovery problem in live database [message #62627 is a reply to message #62616] Wed, 04 August 2004 03:21 Go to previous message
Daljit Singh
Hi,

Well you have to reinstall the oracle software too. According to me install the new OS but keep the version same on which your db was running after that install the oracle software then restore the backup for either tape or drive and apply archivelogs. Since you have recent controlfile so full database can be recovered if you have all archivelogs also, and open the database.

Only thing which you should consider is the OS version must be same on which you was running your db.

Best of Luck
Daljit Singh.
Previous Topic: urgent ---can we put sql text in unix shellscript
Next Topic: TEMP tablespace locked.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 27 10:28:08 CDT 2024