Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » VTADB-10 Error at loggin - Oracle Enterprise Manager Special Privileges!?
VTADB-10 Error at loggin - Oracle Enterprise Manager Special Privileges!? [message #60378] Tue, 03 February 2004 23:28 Go to next message
Patrick Tahiri
Hi,

I'm trying to logon an instance via Oracle Enterprise Manager, but I receive this error message:

VTADB-1000: This application requires more database privileges than you have currentely granted to you. Contact your DBA for more information.

But I have no problems to logon to the same instance with the same login name and password with another tool like PLSQL Developer!?!?

Does Oracle Enterprise Manager require special system privileges? Which one(s)?

Thank you for your tips!

Regards,

Patrick Tahiri.
Re: VTADB-10 Error at loggin - Oracle Enterprise Manager Special Privileges!? [message #60381 is a reply to message #60378] Wed, 04 February 2004 03:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
login as dbauser and grant the role
SELECT_CATALOG_ROLE to the concerned user.
Re: VTADB-10 Error at loggin - Oracle Enterprise Manager Special Privileges!? [message #60382 is a reply to message #60381] Wed, 04 February 2004 03:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Patrick Tahiri
Thank you very much!!

Best regards,

Patrick.
Re: VTADB-10 Error at loggin - Oracle Enterprise Manager Special Privileges!? [message #61672 is a reply to message #60378] Fri, 14 May 2004 23:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ali Erfani
Hi Dear
i had this Error before but by adding following Roles to my USer, it was solved.
you need to have these Oracle Roles , so ur problem will be solved.
EXECUTE_CATALOG_ROLE
OEM_MONITOR

EXP_FULL_DATABASE
plz let me know if u dont get this error agian.
thanks
Re: VTADB-10 Error at loggin - Oracle Enterprise Manager Special Privileges!? [message #62028 is a reply to message #60378] Mon, 21 June 2004 01:26 Go to previous message
Apoorva Sheth
Ya, I also came across the same problem.
Do one thing,

1. enter yr user name and password in the login screen in Enterprise Manager Console.

2. Select SYSDBA from the Connect AS drop down menu in that same login screen.

3. Once login , go to Security - Users and click on your username from the list.

4. Now, in the right side window, click on System Privileges. In the right side window, you will find lists of Available Roles.

5. Scroll down and till you find SELECT ANY DICTIONARY in the list.

6. Single click on it and click on that small down arrow button to add it to your Granted role list in the window below it.

7. Also select SELECT ANY TABLE from the list and add it in the window below it by clicking on that small down arrow key just as you did in the previous step(6).

That's it!

Now go to the top of the window and disconnect and reconnect now as a NORMAL user. You will be able to login successfully!

Apoorva.
Previous Topic: ora-12535
Next Topic: oradim.exe file
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 27 10:29:30 CDT 2024