Home » Open Source » Programming Interfaces » How can I connect Borland C++ builder 6 and oracle 10g??
How can I connect Borland C++ builder 6 and oracle 10g?? [message #476718] Fri, 24 September 2010 15:17 Go to next message
subhapam
//This is my program
//---------------------------------------------------------------
#include <vcl.h>
#include<odbcinst.h>
#include <windows.h>
#include <stdio.h>
#include <sql.h>
#include <sqlext.h>
#include <iostream.h>
#include <conio.h>
using namespace std;

int main()
{
//SQLCHAR *diagstate = new SQLCHAR[50];
SQLINTEGER native;
//SQLCHAR *msg1 = new SQLCHAR[255];
SQLSMALLINT outNo;
SQLHENV env;
SQLHDBC conn;
SQLHSTMT stmnt;
SQLRETURN ret;
long lStrLen;
char data[1000];
//Connect.
ret=SQLAllocEnv(&env);
ret=SQLAllocConnect(env,&conn);
ret=SQLConnect(conn,"project1",SQL_NTS,"system",SQL_NTS,"system",SQL_NTS);
if(ret==SQL_SUCCESS || ret==SQL_SUCCESS_WITH_INFO)
{
ret=SQLAllocStmt(conn,&stmnt);
ret=SQLPrepare(stmnt,(UCHAR*)"INSERT INTO TRIAL VALUES(2,'subha')",SQL_NTS);
if(ret==SQL_SUCCESS || SQL_SUCCESS_WITH_INFO)
{
ret=SQLExecute(stmnt);
printf("done!!!!");
}
//Disconnect
SQLFreeStmt(stmnt,SQL_DROP);
SQLDisconnect(conn);
SQLFreeConnect(conn);
SQLFreeEnv(env);
}
printf(".........");
getch();
}
//-------------------------------------------------------------

Whenever I compile or run this code. It gives the following error.

[Linker Error] Unresolved external '_SQLAllocEnv' referenced from C:\PROGRAM FILES\BORLAND\CBUILDER6\PROJECTS\CONNECTION.OBJ

[Linker Error] Unresolved external '_SQLAllocConnect' referenced from C:\PROGRAM FILES\BORLAND\CBUILDER6\PROJECTS\CONNECTION.OBJ

[Linker Error] Unresolved external '_SQLConnect' referenced from C:\PROGRAM FILES\BORLAND\CBUILDER6\PROJECTS\CONNECTION.OBJ

[Linker Error] Unresolved external '_SQLAllocStmt' referenced from C:\PROGRAM FILES\BORLAND\CBUILDER6\PROJECTS\CONNECTION.OBJ

[Linker Error] Unresolved external '_SQLPrepare' referenced from C:\PROGRAM FILES\BORLAND\CBUILDER6\PROJECTS\CONNECTION.OBJ

[Linker Error] Unresolved external '_SQLExecute' referenced from C:\PROGRAM FILES\BORLAND\CBUILDER6\PROJECTS\CONNECTION.OBJ

[Linker Error] Unresolved external '_SQLFreeStmt' referenced from C:\PROGRAM FILES\BORLAND\CBUILDER6\PROJECTS\CONNECTION.OBJ

[Linker Error] Unresolved external '_SQLDisconnect' referenced from C:\PROGRAM FILES\BORLAND\CBUILDER6\PROJECTS\CONNECTION.OBJ

[Linker Error] Unresolved external '_SQLFreeConnect' referenced from C:\PROGRAM FILES\BORLAND\CBUILDER6\PROJECTS\CONNECTION.OBJ

[Linker Error] Unresolved external '_SQLFreeEnv' referenced from C:\PROGRAM FILES\BORLAND\CBUILDER6\PROJECTS\CONNECTION.OBJ
-----------------------------------------------------------------
My SYSTEM DSN is "project1" with USER ID "system" and PASSWORD "system" and the Table name is "TRIAL".

Please help me sorting out this problem.......
Re: How can I connect Borland C++ builder 6 and oracle 10g?? [message #476720 is a reply to message #476718] Fri, 24 September 2010 15:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
Using ODBC for instance or OO4O or OLE DB.
You must have an Oracle client installed on your workstation.

Regards
Michel

Re: How can I connect Borland C++ builder 6 and oracle 10g?? [message #476778 is a reply to message #476720] Sat, 25 September 2010 19:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
subhapam
I have installed oracle client, but the problem still persist.Please help me in solving the problem.
Re: How can I connect Borland C++ builder 6 and oracle 10g?? [message #476779 is a reply to message #476778] Sat, 25 September 2010 23:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
I think you should post your question in a Borland forum.
As far I remember, Oracle no more supports Borland C++ since many years (since Oracle 7 actually), only Visual C++.

Regards
Michel
Re: How can I connect Borland C++ builder 6 and oracle 10g?? [message #476782 is a reply to message #476779] Sun, 26 September 2010 01:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
Here 2 answers I got from outside:

Quote:
You first need to set up and ODBC data sorce. You can do this by going to start->settings->control pannel->Administrative tools->Data Sources (ODBC)

Once you have set up your ODBC data source using the port and computername/ip for which the Oracle Database has been installed...you then can go to your start->settings->control pannel->BDE Administartor. Go to object->New then select database. Use the Oracle driver for your database.

Once all of that has been set up you should be able to drop a TTable onto your form or TDataModule and access the oracle database with the appriate table.

This should get you started in the right direction.

Quote:
Or use the OCCI libraries from borland:

1) get the Delphi Direct ORACLE Access Components from: http://sourceforge.net/projects/delphioci/
2) create a new package in BCB6, put every .pas file found on the "src" folder of the delphioci project
3) add the DesignIntf.pas file to the package (it's fund under $(BCB)/Source/ToolsAPI)
4) build and install the package. This will give you the new following components:
TAMemoryDataset, TAOraSQL, TAOraUpdateSQL, TMemoryDataset, TOraDB, TOraSQL
they will all be under the "Data Access" toolbar
5) documentation for all these components is found on the "doc" folder of the delphioci package

Regards
Michel

[Updated on: Sun, 26 September 2010 01:12]

Report message to a moderator

Re: How can I connect Borland C++ builder 6 and oracle 10g?? [message #476783 is a reply to message #476782] Sun, 26 September 2010 01:11 Go to previous message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
You also have another way on Dba Spot:
http://dbaspot.com/forums/oracle-server/7560-oracle-oci-programming-borland-c-builder.html

Regards
Michel

[Updated on: Sun, 26 September 2010 01:12]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: Connect from perl directly to a schema
Next Topic: Problem recording multiple CLOB using VB - ADO (merged)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 09:29:26 CDT 2024