Home » Open Source » Programming Interfaces » Store Picture in Oracle with VB 6.0 Interface (Oracle 9i)
Store Picture in Oracle with VB 6.0 Interface [message #324283] Sun, 01 June 2008 08:45 Go to next message
atifzamankhan

Hello!!
I am new on ORAFAQ.COM. Actually i am student of computer science and i am working on my project. My working is using VB 6 as a Front-End and ORACLE 9i as Back-end. Actually i want to store pictures in the ORACLE database.
I did the following Surprised .....
1 I create a table with name PICTURE1 and have one column PICTURE using this query...........
CREATE TABLE PICTURE1
(PICTURE BLOB);

Now my request is: I want to store picture in this table from VB6 using Add button....
I have one more request. I want to store picture from this folder "c:\picture\" to that table in Database and again i want to store back pictures from Database to OPERATING SYSTEM folder.
MY database SID is "ATIF" and in using "Scott" AND "Tiger" account. I am using ADO Connection to Do all this. Thanks

Pleases tell me how can i do this. I will be very Thankful to everyone
Re: Store Picture in Oracle with VB 6.0 Interface [message #325488 is a reply to message #324283] Fri, 06 June 2008 06:06 Go to previous message
asangapradeep
Hi,

This is more of a VB question than a oracle question. Read on how to write a blob data type using VB
Previous Topic: ORA- 12154: TNS couldn't resolved name
Next Topic: DB Links and Jboss XA connection
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 09:13:28 CDT 2024