Home » Open Source » Programming Interfaces » ODBC Driver connectivity error
ODBC Driver connectivity error [message #57860] Fri, 11 July 2003 09:23 Go to next message
vivek
I have installed Oracle 9i client (ODBC driver, net configuration assistant) on winXP m/c [[Custom installation]]. While ODBC driver was setup successfully, Net Configurn. Asstt. failed with some class not found error. I copied a tnsnames.ora and sqlnet.ora file into oracle_home/Network/admin folder

Next While creating a system DSN and then testing the connection it displays the following message

Unable to connect
SQLstate=IM003
Specified driver could not be loaded due to system error 127 ( ORACLE in Ora9i )

Thanks in advance
Re: ODBC Driver connectivity error [message #57863 is a reply to message #57860] Fri, 11 July 2003 10:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Navtej
Setup the PATH to first search the ORACLE_HOMEbin related to the Oracle ODBC Driver

set PATH=%ORACLE_HOME%bin:%PATH%
Re: ODBC Driver connectivity error [message #392576 is a reply to message #57863] Wed, 18 March 2009 08:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
albrideau
I had a situation just now that requires 2 different versions of Oracle to run 2 different applications. I received the "Specified driver could not be loaded due to system error 127" error message when trying to run the app that requires oracle 10g. From reading this post, I was lead to the path statement for the computer that is found when right mouse button clicking on the my computer icon, going to "Properties" then the advanced tab and clicking on the "environment variables" button in Windows XP.
I discovered that the oracle 8i path variable was before the oracle 10g path variable in the path statement. I switched them around and put the 10g first and resolved my problem. Thanks for the help!
Re: ODBC Driver connectivity error [message #441076 is a reply to message #392576] Thu, 28 January 2010 09:16 Go to previous message
Valueinvestor
I have exactly the same problem. I have changed the PATH variables like described above, but it doesn´t work either. We have installed two driver versions: Version 9.2.0.8 and Version 10.2.0.3 Both Path variables are set. But the problem still exists. Has anybody the same problem or an idea what it is? That would help me a lot.
Previous Topic: php with Oracle BFILE
Next Topic: How to create Oracle database using Php code?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 15:57:56 CDT 2024